2009年5月9日 星期六

Medoli, here is the source you can refer to for poem"I dare not ask a kiss" by Robert Herrick --- "To Electra" (希臘神話中殺母戀父之女,Electra Complex "戀父情結")

by Robert Herrick - To Electra

I dare not ask a kiss,
I dare not beg a smile;
Lest having that, or this,
I might grow proud the while.

No, no, the utmost share
Of my desire shall be,
Only to kiss that air
That lately kissed thee.



See http://www.squidoo.com/poetry-by-robert-herrick-20

.
參考資料 Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.

* 2008-08-18 01:48:57 補充

By the way, I have found the Chinese translation for this poem.

我不敢妄请一吻,
我不敢奢求一笑;
只怕你一吻一笑,
会令我变得骄傲。
不,不,在我心里
最大的愿望只是
吻那空气已足矣,
因它刚刚吻过你.
* 2008-08-18 01:49:35 補充

Or
未敢求你亲吻,
我未敢恳你微笑,
怕一旦彼此俱有,
我也许成了怠傲。

不,不,我心头欲望,
只藏有一种情意,
愿吻那轻风荡漾,
拥抱他(它)曾拥抱你。

See http://www.zftrans.com/bbs/read.php?tid=4772&fpage=1&toread=&page=4
.
* 2008-08-18 01:51:46 補充

You can probably find an online translator to translate the simplified Chinese characters into traditional Chinese characters.
參考資料 Myself. Went abroad at age 11. With 32 years experience speaking and writing English. Tutored English as an Undergrad. A project manager in the US since 1992.

1 個意見:

2009年5月9日 上午8:29 , Blogger Medoli 提到...

I prefer the first version Chinese translation. I will try mine. Will share with you guys

Finally I've found the clue where all this poem comes from. The guy who gave it to me graduated from 台大外文系 No wonder!

Thanks, Chief, you are really helpful~

 

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁