2009年3月17日 星期二

翠娥的Chicago sojourn memories







This is Medoli from Chicago. I have been here since May (2008). Might stay till October.

My life here in the US is simple and satisfied. The suburbs of Chicago are pretty much like
paradise to me. The fresh air, small white flowers on the grass... I picked mulberry by the bike
trail. Sometimes I saw squirrels, wild ducks, and rabbits along the way, and fire flies in the
evenings ... The orange lilies outside my window started blooming a couple of days ago, then

suddenly I see orange lilies everywhere wherever I bike. Isn't it the miracle of nature? I go to
Meijer supermarket (25 -minutes away by bike) pretty often, not for that much shopping, but for
a group of seagulls having their home in front of Meijer parking lot. They are cute and not
afraid of human beings. No idea how they made it here since Lake Michigan is 20-30 miles
away!

Two weeks ago I attended three- day seminar, which were about holistic well-being, alterative
therapies, etc...Some authors came to give lectures including John Gray, Mariel Hemmingway,...
All the lectures were great and pretty useful information and that probably one of the best activities
I have had during my stay in the States!

I've got a library card, a lot of time hanging around the library for those free DVDs and books...

Life can't be any better this way~

0 個意見:

張貼留言

訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]

<< 首頁